10 February 2009

Is this a coincidence?

Last month as we were driving to teach and minister in Serbia, the car stopped on Hungary's M5 motorway. Just stopped. Something electronic just shut down. Praise God, it soon started again, and we continued with no problem except that the "engine warning light" was on for half an hour. When we got back, an electronic checkup at the garage showed that not only was there nothing wrong, but that nothing had ever happened! Strange...

Then last week, as we were again driving to Serbia, I nearly fell asleep at the wheel on the M5. The car was heading for the hard shoulder at 70+ mph when Chris called to me. It was mid-afternoon, not late. This has never happened before in the 48 years I've been driving.

Is this a coincidence, or is there something that doesn't want us to get to Serbia and teach there? When we go again on 19th February, I'll be very careful! In this job, you take nothing for granted.

No comments: